AP English, English IIII
High School Diploma. Elkhorn City High School, Elkhorn City, KY. Salutatorian, National Quill and Scroll Award Winner, Inductee into Pike County Board of Education's Hall of Fame. (1993)
- General course work. Morehead State University, Morehead, KY. Honors I Scholar. (1995)
- Bachelor of Science, English/ Secondary Education. Pikeville College, Pikeville, KY. Magna Cum Laude, Appalachian Honors Scholar, Rediford Damron Excellence in Education Award. (1997)
- Master of Arts, English / Secondary Education. Morehead State University, Morehead, KY. Summa Cum Laude, Graduate Student of the Year in Secondary Education. (2001)
- Rank I, Educational Leadership. Union College, Barbourville, KY. (2008)
Rank I, Supervisor of Instruction. Union College, Barbourville, KY. (2012)
- National Writing Project Fellow. Morehead State University, Morehead, KY. (2000)
- Certified Resource Teacher, Kentucky Teacher Internship Program. (2007)
- Certified Instructor, Advanced Placement English-Literature & Composition. Morehead State University, Morehead, KY. (2008)
- Coordinator of Public Relations. Pikeville College. Pikeville, KY. Coordinated all aspects of public relations relating to Pikeville College and Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine, including print and television media and advertising. (1997-1998)
- Teacher, English/Language Arts. Pikeville High School, Pikeville, KY. Taught English IV, Speech and Drama, and Media. (1998-1999)
- Scoring Accuracy Assurance Team Member / Auditor. Data Recognition Corporation, Minneapolis, Minnesota; McGraw/Hill, Indianapolis, IN; Kentucky Department of Education, Frankfort, KY. Auditing, training, and quality control work for the Kentucky Department of Education regarding High School Writing Portfolios. (2001-2006)
- Teacher, English/Language Arts. Pike County Central High School, Pikeville, KY. Taught English II-IV, coached cheerleading, sponsored yearbook and writing team. Currently teach English III and Advanced Placement English-Literature III. Have served as the school's Writing Cluster Leader for 9 years. (1999-present)
- Building Assessment Coordinator. Pike County Central High School, Pikeville, KY. (2011-present)
- I am Pike County native (1993 graduate of Elkhorn City High School).
- I have lived in the Pikeville area since 1995.
- I am married to Jason Humphries, who also teaches at Pike Central.
- My twin sister, Angela Lockhart, also teaches English at Pike Central.
- We have six-year-old triplet sons who keep us busy, busy, busy! Cooper, Corbin, and Cole are currently in first grade at Mullins Elementary and there is NEVER a dull moment at our house! I often say that the 130 students I deal with during the school day is a piece of cake compared to the three I go home to after work!
- My hobbies include traveling, photography, reading, and spending time with my family.
- Jason and I are members of Mayflower Unity Baptist Church.